WSET Level 1
WSET Level 1
Full day course 9.30-6pm (including lunch)
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you'll learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT) for still and sparkling wine including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir & Shiraz
This qualification provides a basic introduction to the main styles of wines available to front-line staff involved in the wine trade and those who want to develop their wine knowledge. The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the storage and service of wines.
Assessment is by a closed-book examination of 30 multiple-choice questions. A minimum mark of 70% in the 45-minute examination is required to pass.
There are no entry requirement for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course.
The closing date for this course is 3 weeks before the course to allow time for registration and exam papers to arrive.
Price includes study materials, examination fees, wine for tasting, tuition & light lunch.
Minimum course numbers apply.
Cost per person £120.00
Click here to view the next available course.