WSET 2 - Full day course 9.30-6pm (including lunch)
For individuals with an intermediate knowledge of wine study, this qualification provides a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine enthusiasts. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining intermediate skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin
What you will learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT) for still and sparkling wine including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir & Shiraz
This qualification provides an intermediate introduction to the main styles of wines available to front-line staff involved in the wine trade and those who want to develop their wine knowledge.
The qualification aims to provide a more in-depth product knowledge and skills in the storage and service of wines. Assessment is by a closed-book examination of 50 multiple-choice questions.A minimum mark of 55% is required to pass.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course.
The closing date for this course is 3 weeks before the course to allow time for registration and exam papers to arrive.
Price includes study materials, examination fees, wine for tasting, tuition & light lunch.
Minimum course numbers apply
Cost per person : £230.00